Can I receive a tax deduction for art, equipment or supplies I give to the University?

Yes. If you donate art, equipment and/or supplies, which are referred to as gifts-in-kind, you will receive a gift acknowledgement for items given. Donors must submit documentation through a receipt, invoice or other appraisal instrument at the time the gift-in-kind occurs in order to establish a value for the donated items. It is the donor’s responsibility to determine the value of their gift-in-kind for tax purposes.

FAQ Category:  Giving